Choices Association of Fort McMurray and the Board of Directors invites you to express your interest in serving on the Board of Directors by submitting a letter of interest and resume to:
Choices Association of Fort McMurray provides employment assistance to individuals with varying abilities. The people we serve have many barriers ranging from mental health, physical disabilities, developmental disabilities, progressive degenerative disabilities, cognitive/learning disabilities, brain injury and others barriers such as age, a criminal record, homelessness, lack of education and no drivers license. Some of these barriers are invisible, such as hearing impairments, prosthetics, heart conditions, FASD etc. Please see our web page for our history https://www.choicesfortmcmurray.ca/ .
We are currently recruiting Board Members with experience in Small Business, Large Business, Entrepreneurship, Accounting and Finance, Information Technology, Diversity & Inclusion, LGBTQ+ community member or identifying, Indigenous Relations and Social Enterprise. However, we welcome all interest. Our AGM is October 14th, 2020 at 6:00 pm virtually on Zoom. Cut off for application is September 25, 2020.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES OF A BOARD MEMBER
As a Director of the Board, Executive Committee Member or general Member, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Appropriate preparation and active participation.
- Attend monthly Board Meetings.
- Approve, where appropriate, policy and other recommendations received from the Board, its Standing Committees and Executive Director.
- Monitor all Board Policies.
- Review the by-laws and policy manual, board structure and recommend by-law changes to the membership.
- Approve budgets as necessary.
- Support and participate in Choices Association’s Strategic Plan.
- Support and participate in evaluating the Executive Director annually.
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the Board, Committees, Staff Members, and the Community.
- Be familiar with the mandate, by-laws and policies of Choices Association of Fort McMurray.
- Be willing to provide 3-6 hours for Monthly Board and Executive Meetings.
- Participate and share information for any committees committed to.
- Speak as one voice outside the boardroom.
- Volunteer at Choices Association events and fundraisers.