Executive Director Position:
Reporting to the Board of Directors, a successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects pertaining to the successful operations of Choices Association of Fort McMurray.
- Leadership: Collaboration with key stakeholders; teambuilding among the staff and volunteers.
- Program Management: Implementation of strategic business plan goals and objectives; facilitates research, planning development and evaluations of programs and services.
- Personnel Management: Facilitates board policy decisions, management of all staff.
- Financial Management: Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Choices Association, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
Administer the funds of the organization, according to the budget approved by the board.
Responsible for the fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Risk Analysis: Ensure that risk and opportunities have been identified and evaluated; provide reports on organization’s progress.
- Advocacy Management: Participate in networking and community relation activities on behalf of Choices
Experience and Education:
- 5 or more years of related work experience, preferably within the social profit sector
- Previous experience with office management is considered an asset.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration Management or a closely related field.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong listening, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated high degree of professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and independence
- Proficient Computer Skills (Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong leadership skills (problem solving, decision making, strategic thinking)
- Broad knowledge and experience with grant writing, fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the social profit sector
- Solid budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- A clear understanding of board governance
- Competitive Salary will be based on experience and proven performance
- Excellent Benefit Package
- Attendance to all Choices Association of Fort McMurray’s fundraising events is expected
*Please, no phone calls or applying in person; only resumes received via the above noted email will be considered*
Choices would like to thank all applicants; however only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted