Choices Association of Fort McMurray invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of Employment Counsellor – temporary until March 31, 2020 with the possibility of an extension.
The Employment Counsellor will work closely with clients who have varying abilities and are seeking employment.
The preferred candidate will have a diploma/ certificate or university degree in Social Sciences or related field.
- Understanding of and demonstrated application of the employment/career counselling role
- Working knowledge of MOBIUS an asset
- Experience in administering employability assessments, preparing case histories, developing and implementing counselling and intervention programs and seeing clients through to successful employment
- Experience in evaluating clients' progress in resolving identified problems and movement towards defined objectives
- Experience in cover letter and resume development
- Assist clients with career decision making, develop job readiness skills and job search strategies
- Workshop facilitation experience preferred
- Knowledge of Labour Market information, community resources, programs and ability to liaise with community partners
- Possess strong organizational skills, task oriented and self motivated
- Computer proficiency and strong research skills
- Data entry, file maintenance and monthly reporting
Target client group includes, but not limited to, individuals with physical and developmental disabilities, brain injury, progressive/degenerative disorders, addictions, age related barriers, homelessness, criminal record, no driver's license, FASD, mental illness, illiteracy and others.
All Candidates must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
Current Standard First Aid and ASIST training preferred
Competetive benefits and pay (based upon experience and skillset)
Closing date: Until suitable candidate found
We thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted