As a front line staff member you will assist reception in providing a welcoming environment to clients who have been distanced from employment due to some type of barrier.
- Assess clients and obtain relevant information to refer to appropriate Choices programs or other agencies in the community
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Provide administrative, clerical and secretarial support to staff: book and cancel appointments using electronic scheduler, these tasks will include but not limited to month end reporting, compiling statistical data, file archiving, photocopying, file maintenance and daily telephone/email communication and maintenance
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must have a current Criminal Record Check w/application
- At least 15 years of age;
- A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected persons under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada;
- An Alberta resident with an Alberta address and living and/or attending school in the province;
- Attended a high school or a post-secondary institution in 2017-18 Academic Year (September 2017-August 2018) and is returning to school full time in the following year (no later than November 1, 2018);
- Eligible student must be enrolled in a program which will result in a credential (e.g. certificate, diploma, degree, etc.) and /or completing academic upgrading courses.
- Available for full-time summer employment
Job Type: Summer Student Job
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week
Term of Position: This is an 8 week position commencing from July 3, 2018 to August 24, 2018
Wages: $16 per hour
Choices would like to thank all applicants; however only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.