Summer Student Position: Employment Counsellor Assistant
Choices Summer Student will provide Employment Counseling supports to the Employment Counsellors by providing one-on-one personalized employment services and job retention supports to clients 18 years of age and older with various abilities, barriers, disabilities, unemployed, marginally employed and underemployed. The Summer Student will work closely with the Employment Counsellor, Choices staff and various partners and businesses throughout the city to assist in employment opportunities for clients.
- Individual must currently be enrolled in one of the following programs: Social Sciences, Human Services, (Social Work Program), Career Counselling, Job Developer or equivalent, Bachelor of Arts – major/minor in Psychology or Sociology
- Individual must be enrolled and returning to school in the fall of 2017.
- Standard First Aid, CPR Level C.
- Successful Candidate must provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check upon interview
- Assets: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Suicide Intervention Certification (ASIST), Mental Health First Aid.
- Administering employability assessments, preparing case histories, developing and implementing counselling and intervention programs and seeing clients through to successful employment
- Evaluating client’s progress in resolving identified problems and movement towards defined objectives
- Develop cover letters and resumes
- Assist clients with career decision making, develop job readiness skills and job search strategies
- Work closely with clients in ongoing worksite support (job maintenance)
- Knowledge of Labour Market information, community resources, programs and ability to liaise with community partners and businesses
- Possess strong organizational skills, task oriented and self motivated
- Computer proficiency and strong research skills
- Enter client information on the MOBIUS database.
- Data Entry, file maintenance and monthly reporting
Closing date: Until suitable candidate found
Submit resumes to: 10010 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray AB T9H 2K6
We thank all those that apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Imagine…a world that works for everyone