Employment Counsellor Part Time up to 30Hrs/week
Choices Employment Counselor will provide one-on-one personalized employment services and job retention supports to clients 18 years of age and older with various abilities, barriers, disabilities, unemployed, marginally employed and underemployed. The Employment Counsellor will work collaboratively with the Employer Liaison and various businesses throughout the city to assist in employment opportunities for clients.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Human Services, Career and/or Work Counselling or equivalent education and experience.
- Working knowledge of MOBIUS an asset.
- Standard First Aid, CPR Level C.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Suicide Intervention Certification (not mandatory for hire).
- Successful Candidate must provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Understanding of and demonstrated application of the employment/career counseling role
- Experience in administering employability assessments, preparing case histories, developing and implementing counselling and intervention programs and seeing clients through to successful employment
- Experience evaluating client’s progress in resolving identified problems and movement towards defined objectives
- Experience in cover letter and resume development
- Assist clients with career decision making, develop job readiness skills and job search strategies
- Work closely with clients in ongoing worksite support
- Workshop facilitation experience preferred
- Knowledge of Labour Market information, community resources, programs and ability to liaise with community partners
- Possess strong organizational skills, task oriented and self motivated
- Computer proficiency and strong research skills
- Enter client information on the MOBIUS database.
- Data Entry, file maintenance and monthly reporting
Closing date: Until position filled
Submit resumes to: 10010 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray AB T9H 2K6
We thank all those that apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Imagine…a world that works for everyone