Employer Liaison Worker Full Time
Choices Employer Liaison works with the potential employer(s) and the client to support their employment goals. He/she builds strong relationships with Alberta employers to promote the hiring of individuals with barriers and disabilities. They familiarize themselves with a company’s work culture and employment needs, working closely with Choices Employment Counsellors to make successful and appropriate client referrals. This position maintains contact with the client and/or employer in order to address any issues that may arise and to ensure job sustainability. This position will also maintain and update Choices social media applications and website.
- Media or Public Relations or Job Developer/Career and Work diploma or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience working with employers and placing clients.
- Strong marketing background.
- Knowledge of the current local labour market and industry trends.
- Strong proficiency in using the MOBIUS database is preferred and fluency in Microsoft Office computer applications is required.
- Superior interpersonal and English communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively with individuals with various backgrounds and employment skills.
- Travel within Fort McMurray is essential, so access to a vehicle is required, compensation provided.
- Social Media and Website Experience is required.
- Successful Candidate must provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Identify employment options and opportunities and assist clients in obtaining meaningful employment.
- Must provide regular updates on the referred clients to their designated Employment Counsellor so client files are updated internally and on MOBIUS.
- Promote the agency and its initiatives.
- Update the agencies social media applications and website as needed
- Support clients in the workplace in conjunction with the Employment Counsellor and/or Employer.
- Actively develops professional working relationships with appropriate human resource managers and others involved in the recruitment and selection of new staff.
- Enter client information on the MOBIUS database.
- Work as a part of the Choices team to ensure compliance with Choices contracts and the delivery of outcomes expected by the funders.
- Support other members of the Choices team as required.
Closing date: March 24, 2017
Submit resumes to: 10010 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray AB T9H 2K6
We thank all those that apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Imagine…a world that works for everyone